When dealing with acne skin care, most medical professionals commonly suggest that people affected with acne must practice certain acne skin care methods that will help improve the condition of their skin.
Acne, as you may already know, is a very severe skin disorder that affects thousands of people from all over the world. It not only affects the surface of the skin but also the inner layers of the skin.
Acne usually occurs on the face, neck, chest and back, and it starts during the adolescence period.
During the past several years, a good number of acne experts and skincare professionals have conducted many studies on how to prevent the formation of acne.
And fortunately, these skincare specialists have come out with certain acne skin care tips that can be of great help for fighting acne.
I have selected the three simpler yet most powerful acne skincare tips that you can follow in order to have healthier skin. These are mentioned below:
Acne Skin Care Tip # 1: You Should Always Clean Your Skin Very Gently
First of all, personal hygiene is very necessary for fighting acne. So as most experts usually suggest, you should gently clean your skin with a mild cleanser at least twice a day.
This simple acne skin care step is deemed important for fighting acne since washing your face or the other affected areas will wipe away the acne-causing bacteria found on the skin.
Also note that although you are sometimes told to scrub your face, scrubbing is not a good acne skin care move since it will just trigger the development of acne, worsening the condition.
In addition to this acne skincare step, it is worth noting that astringents are not always suggested unless the skin is very oily. And, they must only be applied to the oily spots.
Acne Skin Care # 2: You Should Refrain from Frequently Holding Your Skin
Another helpful acne skin care tip is to avoid frequent handling of the skin. Don’t pinch, pick or squeeze your pimple since it will only worsen the condition.
Many people have considered this acne skin care step as one of the most important acne skin care pointers knowing that it may only cause infection and scar formation. As this acne skin care tip holds, you should avoid rubbing and touching your skin lesions if possible.
Acne Skin Care # 3: Always Choose Cosmetics Carefully
This last acne skin care tip holds that people who are being treated for acne must change some of the cosmetics they use. Note that in order to avoid the onset of the development of acne, the cosmetics you plan on using like foundation, blush, moisturizers, and eye shadow should be oil-free.
Aside from that, this acne skin care tip also holds that you must avoid oily hair products for they may cause closed comedones. Therefore, those products that are labeled as noncomedogenic should be applied.
It is a fact that many of us are very conscious of our skin condition. And as such, we are always wanting to have fresh, good-looking skin as much as possible.
Unfortunately, many of us also fail to come to the conclusion that simple steps are the best ways to accomplish this goal. We often are blind enough that we don’t see what’s really right or wrong for our skin.
We often fall into so much frustration and desperation that make us go buy any high-priced beauty products that in the end just turn out to be a waste of time and money, and even worsen our acne. Hopefully, the above-mentioned acne skin care tips will be a good start to help you enhance your skin condition.
5 Acne Treatment Tips You Can Use Today
Luckily, there are a number of things you can do every day to make sure your skin is less prone to flare-ups. Here are five tips for taking control of your acne starting today.
1. Exercise – Keeping in shape can help fight acne by fighting off negative stress levels that can come from negative self-esteem and depression. However, some safeguards need to be in place to ward off acne that can result from your workout routines. Watch what you put on your body with regards to clothing, sports gear and equipment.
For example, tight lycra and nylon exercise outfits might look great in the movies and on magazine models, but if you are susceptible to acne problems, avoid these synthetic fabrics that tend to trap in body moisture and heat resulting in bacteria frenzy. Instead, choose loose clothing made of cotton or natural blends to allow more air to get to your skin.
And when you are finished with your workout, get out of clothing wet from perspiration or water sports. Shower and change into dry, clean clothing. And keep your sports gear and equipment clean, too. Dirty headgear, for instance, can irritate forehead areas prone to acne problems. So toss headbands into the washing machine after workout sessions.
2. Cosmetics – To avoid pore-clogging and skin irritations that are similar to acne and that can contribute to acne, use products labeled noncomedogenic or oil-free. Shimmering facial colors can contain a flaky mineral called mica that can cause skin irritations and clog pores. Other additives in coloring that can cause similar reactions are coal tar derivatives, carmine and heavy cream in blushes.
More preventative measures include using a lip gloss that promotes a matte finish instead of a high gloss for less pore-clogging; note the more the shine, the more then comedogenic content and the more the pores can clog. Beware that eye creams can contain heavier concentrations of moisturizers than regular creams and lotions, meaning they have greater potential to clog pores in the surrounding facial areas.
3. Diet – Studies show that diet does not play a role in either the cause or the treatment of acne. However, what is recommended for acne preventative care is this: what is best for your body is best for your skin, especially since your skin is the largest organ of your body. So remember to watch your diet and consume healthy vitamins, minerals and other supplements. This will help to prevent and help conquer acne breakout.
4. Hygiene – A healthy skin regimen should include no harsh scrubbing or over-washing, because this can cause possible skin irritation or possible over-production of oil to replace what has washed off, clogging pores in the process. Products with gentle exfoliation ingredients are OK to use; i.e. not scratchy nut or fruit shell pieces that can tear the skin. And skip alcohol products when possible; these can take off the top layer of your skin and cause your glands to produce more oil, clogging pores in the process.
If you do spot acne-troubled areas, do NOT mess with them. Remember that these are already weeks in the making, and squeezing or picking blemishes can force the infected area to regress back inside, further troubling the region and possibly leave a scar. If necessary, seek help from a dermatologist for alternative treatments.
5. Shaving – Shaving for both genders is actually an excellent way of exfoliating or removing dead skin to help with the prevention and spreading of acne instead of leaving the remains to clog pores. And for some light acne cases already in process, shaving can help rid whiteheads and blackheads from the face. A word of caution: for areas with infection or high inflammatory activity (redness, sensitivity, open acne, sores, etc.), do not shave. Or at the very least, use a shaving cream for sensitive skin!
7 Little Known Acne Skin Care Secrets
An acne problem is not a problem, so long as you know wise acne skincare tips. One does need much money to get that healthy glowing skin, with the natural acne skin care methods, acne shouldn’t be treated like monsters under your bed. Here are some acne skin care methods we can practice.
The power of water. Oil, they say is thicker than water. But water is the plainest, most natural substance we can use for acne skincare. In washing your face, do it gently. Rubbing and scrubbing your face does not clean the skin gently. For best acne skincare effects, using a mild cleanser or toner once in the morning, noon and evening, and after doing a heavy workout, will help you achieve clear skin.
Pick that zit. People who prick pimples and blemishes as if pricking a bubble only aggravates the risk of skin inflammation and acne scars. Avoid hand contact with your face for better acne skincare results.
Shave with care. Choose the best electric shavers and safety razors you can trust for years. They’ll be more comfortable to use. Men need not use a super sharp blade to get rid of that beard. A regular shaver used with soap and water or shaving cream will help you get that smooth finish. Doctors advised men to shave lightly and shave only when necessary for acne skincare maintenance.
Sun of the beach! If you love sun tanning or just want the sight of that sophisticated sunburnt look – forget it. This is an acne skin care no-no. The sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays redden the skin, making the skin drier. It can make one’s blemishes visible, speed up aging and bring serious damage to the human skin. Also, excessive exposure to the sun can cause skin cancer. You don’t want to ruin that great acne skincare you’ve been starting on with.
Cosmic Cosmetics. Eye shadows, blush, moisturizer, and other cosmetics we use should be free from oily substances to permit healthy acne skincare maintenance. Even hairstyling products in form of gels or aerosols that come in close contact with the skin may destroy a healthy acne skin care practice. Choose hairstyling products, which are commercially labeled as non-comedogenic are products that do not provoke the formation and growth of blemishes and other related skin
Buttered Face. An African beauty secret reveals the power of shea butter which originated from the Karite Nut Tree (or Mangifolia tree). Hmmm… juicy acne skin care tip! Karite Nut Tree was discovered in the semi-arid savannahs of West Africa and Central Africa. People in Africa, women in particular – rely on shea butter as a vital tool for acne skin care treatment for over centuries now.
Spare me that SPA! You need not visit the most expensive spa parlors to get that destressing facial treatment to aid you in your acne skin care endeavor. Create a homemade magical elixir right at the comforts of your own home by purchasing simple spa tools found in beauty stores.
Get only the best and the FRESH. Increase intake of fresh fruit and vegetables. These acne skin care tools are free of toxins which decreases the speed of blood circulation. A salad or a fruit a day will keep acne away!
There are no perfect cure, medication, treatment, or acne skin care methods for acne problems. Thus, as the sole proprietor of our own skin, we must take full charge of what lies to be our first armor against diseases and bodily injuries.